Refrigerator Buying Guide
Choose which location serves you best
This product is currently not available in your region
We have introduced washing machines and air conditioners before, we now share with you the buying guide and maintenance tips of refrigerator.
A suitable refrigerator can often be used for more than 10 years with proper placement and maintenance, so the quality of refrigerator is more important than the price!
Let see the following steps to select your favorite refrigerator now.
Step 1: Calculate your required refrigerator capacity
The refrigerator capacity required by each family will vary according to the size of the family and living habits. The basic refrigerator supplies of a family account for about 100 liters, and the required capacity of each family member is about 70 liters. The formula for calculating the required refrigerator capacity is as follows :
Capacity of Refrigerator = (Required capacity for each family member 70 liters X number of households) + 100 liters of basic supplies
Reference table of required refrigerator capacity
Besides of family size, living habits such as cooking habits, and the preference for inviting friends and relatives to socialize, all these factors affecting the required refrigerator capacity need to be considered. In addition, if you often drink wine, you may need a wine celler to separtate the storage of wine and food. It avoid to affect the quality of wine.
Step 2: Choose the number of refrigerator doors
Refrigerators are usually classified according to the number of refrigerator doors, such as single-door, double-door, three-door and multi-door types.
The single-door refrigerator or mini refrigerator is suitable for one-person households and people who do not need freezer , or used for foods that require independent refrigeration, such as breast milk, to avoid exposure Bacterial contamination of other foods.
The most common two-door refrigerator is equipped with refrigerator and freezer, and is further subdivided into 3 types: top-mounted freezer, bottom-mounted freezer and side-to-door type. Top-mounted freezer refigerators are more popular and cost-effective. Bottom-mounted freezer refrigerators can often avoid bending over to take food from the refrigerator. The side-to-door refrigerator door is relatively small, so there is no need to reserve too much space when opening the door. The side-to-door refrigerator is wider and less in depth to get food easily.
Three-door or multi-door refrigerators are equipped with refrigerator, freezer, and fruit and vegetable compartments with large capacity. It mostly has one or two freezer drawers at the bottom. Some multi-door refrigerators have external water filters, water dispensers and ice machines.
Step 3: Choose an energy efficiency grade 1 refrigerator
In addition to the information on the cooling capacity (kW) and refrigerator refrigerant, the energy label also reflects the energy efficiency of the refrigerator’s "power saving" level, which is divided into levels 1 to 5. The level 1 energy efficiency is the most "energy saving" .
Step 4: Other shopping tips for buying a refrigerator
Generally, the temperature of the refrigerator freezer is 4℃ on average, which is about -18℃ on average with the refrigerator. It is usually equipped with manual temperature adjustment function. Some refrigerators are equipped with independent temperature regulating refrigerator to meet the refrigerating temperature of different food types.
In addition, the new-style refrigerator inner cage uses LED lights, which are more energy-efficient and durable than traditional light bulbs, and emit less heat, which reduces the influence on the temperature of the refrigerator.
In addition, the new-style refrigerator uses antibacterial coatings on the inner wall and door of the refrigerator to prevent the growth of bacteria, avoid contaminating the food and affecting the food preservation period.
Refrigerator use and maintenance tips :
- The refrigerator should not store too much food or be emptied for a long time, because more electricity is needed for cooling, which reduces the efficiency of the refrigerator.
- High-temperature food should be cooled at room temperature before refrigerating in the refrigerator to save the electricity required for additional refrigeration.
- Make sure that the refrigerator door is closed properly and avoid opening and closing the refrigerator door too frequently.
- Regularly check whether the rubber seal of the refrigerator door is damaged or aging, and replace it if necessary.
- Refrigerators should not be placed in direct sunlight or near cooking stoves, so as not to affect heat dissipation.
- When placing the refrigerator, leave enough space to allow air to circulate around the condenser coil of the refrigerator to help dissipate heat and reduce energy consumption.
- MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC MR-FV28EJ-SL/W 2-Door Inverter Refrigerator (Silver / White) Regular Price HK$4,080HK$3,399
- BOSCH Vario Style Series NoFrost Bottom Freezer 2 -Door Refrigerator Regular Price HK$9,800HK$7,980